Everything you need to know on the daily use of the exfoliating glove
How often should I use my Renaissance Glove?
You can use your Renaissance Glove every day with shower gel for a deep cleansing.
- Deep exfoliation is recommended weekly to free the epidermis from impurities. It is not advised to do so more often to avoid dehydrating your skin or removing the natural body oils that protect it against external aggressions.
- The soft side of your facial accessory can be used daily with your cleansing product and the exfoliant side 1 to 2 times a week for dry skin and 2 to 3 times a week for combination or oily skin.
Is deep exfoliation painful?
No. The Renaissance Glove was designed with an exclusive fibre to offer you all the benefits of deep exfoliation while respecting your skin’s sensitivity. The fabric hardens slightly in contact with water, but it will never irritate the skin. It is normal to see faint redness after use, as the movement stimulates blood flow. This effect will quickly dissipate.
How do I know if the exfoliation was successful?
When doing your weekly exfoliation, you will see dead skin residue come off and accumulate on your Renaissance Glove. The amount of residue depends on your type of skin, on the frequency of use, and on the area of the body. Certain areas such as the arms, legs, and back will exfoliate more than other parts of the body. If you have dry skin, you will notice a lot of dead skin coming off of your skin.
Why am I not seeing my skin roll off?
With proper use, you should notice dead cells coming off and rolling onto your Renaissance Glove. Of course, everybody is different, it is therefore possible that some people may not see their skin roll off as much. Know that the exfoliation is still effective.
Here are the 4 steps of the exfoliation ritual you should follow to get intended results:
- Your skin needs to have been in contact with lukewarm or warm water (in the shower or bath) for 3 to 5 minutes to allow the pores to dilate and your epidermis to soften.
- The glove needs to have been wet for 30 seconds then wrung properly.
- Before you begin your exfoliation, you need to get out of the water and remove the excess water from your body so that the skin is humid (neither dry nor dripping wet).
- Begin to scrub vigorously, up and down or in a circular manner, depending on the areas of the body. Do not be afraid to apply some pressure while still respecting the sensitivity of certain areas. After a few goes, you will notice dead skin residue coming off and rolling onto your Renaissance Glove. Do not remove this residue, rubbing the glove over it will help the skin exfoliate even more!
How long will it take to see results?
Your skin will feel soft and radiant after your very first deep exfoliation. With a frequent use of the Renaissance Glove, you can expect healthy glowing skin, and even improvements in its general appearance (ingrown hairs, stretch marks, cellulite dimples, scars…).
From what age can we start using the Renaissance Glove?
All members of the family can enjoy the benefits of exfoliation from as early as 7 years old. Since the Renaissance Glove is a personal hygiene item, sharing it is not recommended.
Are there any health conditions that the Renaissance Glove should not be used in combination with?
The Renaissance Glove is made from a natural fibre that respects the ecology of the skin. However, it should never be used on irritated or burnt skin, on a wound, cutaneous inflammation, or even an area affected by eczema or psoriasis. It should not be used on the eyes, nipples, or genital areas either. Consult your health professional if you are followed for dermatological care. Finally, never exfoliate with a dry glove on dry skin.
How do I clean my Renaissance Glove?
Following each use, you must rinse your Renaissance Glove and the facial accessory well with lukewarm water (without soap or detergent), before hanging it up to dry. The exfoliation accessories are machine-washable in cold water, without any added whitening agent or fabric softener. Always air dry it; never machine dry.
When do I need to replace my Renaissance Glove?
It is normal for your Renaissance Glove to become less effectiveness over time, depending on how often you use it. With a regular use, we advise you to replace it every 3 to 4 months for best effectiveness and for hygiene reasons.
Can I use gels or cosmetic products with my Renaissance Glove?
- For daily use, you may use your glove with your favourite shower gel.
- For weekly deep exfoliating sessions, it is not recommended to use products such as soaps, creams, or serums before use, to facilitate the elimination of dead skin cells. Soaps and other products leave a slippery residue on the skin, preventing the glove from adhering to the skin and being able to properly exfoliate dead skin cells. We recommend you exfoliate first and wash second.
Can I use my Renaissance Glove on my face?
No. The face accessory has been specially designed to exfoliate your delicate facial skin. Using the body glove on your face is not recommended.
Why choose the Renaissance Glove over another exfoliating glove?
More than a glove, we offer you a true Renaissance exfoliating set, including a body glove AND a facial accessory. It is made from natural fibres which come from spruce and eucalyptus vegetal cellulose, ensuring that it is antibacterial. Its authenticity comes from its unique manufacturing that does not scratch, irritate, or damage the skin. The Renaissance Glove gives you a professional quality exfoliation, much more efficient and sustainable than synthetic fibre gloves, on top of being the most sold exfoliating glove in Canada for 25 years.
Didn’t find the answer to your question? Do you have other concerns? Contact us directly by phone at +1 (833) 201-1012 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.